Tuesday 16 September 2014

41. A day to calm down....

So after a very hectic weekend life returns to normal I am back working, I am also black and blue thanks to the bump halfway down the shut-down area at Shaky, yes I was warned about it but! I didn't think increasing the tyre pressures by half a pound would make such a difference to the "bounce" LOL

So where are we at the moment then? Steve is busy ferreting around trying to find the bits we need and maybe even the services we need a little nearer to home he is tracking down a hopeful or two as I type this. I know this will not be a cheap problem to put right but hey! if we want to continue racing it has to be done.

I think I can say we (the whole team) enjoyed the weekend even if it was a little disappointing with regard to what we wanted from the car and it was hard work the crew were very busy most of the time in fact my younger brother found the whole thing just a bit too much on Sunday.........


On the upside I did find a photograph on Facebook that showed that we had managed to get the power back again, insomuch that after resetting the backlash and the timing and resetting the butterfly settings we got back some of what has been missing since the gearbox rebuild, in fact it was such a good photo I bought the original from Mike B's photos.



This photo clearly shows smoke form the burnout, something that has been missing for some time till yesterday, it's a shame that it was on this run that the gearbox let go and I am sure I was heading for a very low 9 if not a high 8 second run...oh well next year then.

I was also sent this photo I do like this but there is no information with it regards who took it ect so if anyone recognises it  please let me know so I can give it the correct compliments. I just found it after looking through all of Facebook that is a photo taken by Steve Weston


Dam I still think it;s one of the best looking cars in English drag racing, but then I am ever so slightly biased aren't I?????

No comments:

Post a Comment