Wednesday 10 September 2014

39. The run up to the Hot Rod Drags

Oooh its getting exciting again LOL, today is Wednesday and I had to do dome of that work stuff this morning, I then made my way home via Tesco's recycling centre to get rid of all the cardboard out of the car. Then it was a case of empty the car so I can get it cleaned as it is absolutely filthy, and at the same time start getting all the bits and bobs ready to take to the truck, the problem with this is it has filled my living room up..


I am sure Lorni will forgive me once I fill the car back up tomorrow with all the gear that I have to take with me.


I have the two main batteries on charge that is the on board battery which powers the ignition and the starter battery. Then of course there are all the batteries that go with the cameras and torches etc.

So tomorrow it is car clean time then go shopping for some easily burnt meat for the BBQ and gas grill, buy some beer and some milk. then load the car ready for Friday morning, We should get to the truck around lunchtime and once Steve has turned up with fuel and stuff we can make our way to Shaky.

Steve has assured me that this time he has not forgotten his sleeping bag and to prove the point he sent me this...


So hopefully this will be a good weekend and I am dam well hoping that I will get that elusive 8 second run..dam there will be some celebrating if I manage it. this could be the last race of the year for me as we are now at the end of the season the only other time the car will run this year will be at the Pod for the "let the minions have a go " day LOL next update will be next week after our weekend at Shaky.

No comments:

Post a Comment