Wednesday 19 February 2014

18. Bits and pieces...getting there

OK so  time is moving on now and we are getting nearer and nearer the start of the season we have identified most of the tools and accessories we need and I think we have most of them either on order or here already, I have managed to get a lot of stuff through my son and his companies discount, The race suit is ordered it is now a case of whether it turns up on time or not, the helmet is already here...


I ordered some gaskets for the engine and the transmission and they have turned up...


..along with some 5 gallon liquid containers, so we can now get on and sort out the oil leak I have borrowed my sons welding gear so we can get the trucks exhaust welded up and repair the silencer....


The welder is in the back of the car at the moment along with the welding shield, oil pan, timing light and low level hydraulic jack...in the back seat foot-well in the car is the large capacity battery for starting the car, the leads are being made up by my son and the two sets of braced axle stands.......


 We already have a compressor in the truck and this morning the generator I ordered turned up ..


The adapter plugs and sockets for it are also on the way, we probably have just enough tools to keep us going so I think we are just about there, well ready for RWYB's anyway ..I will worry about the licence stuff later , next I suppose I had best join the racers association's and the Wild Bunch..then its race time folks.....





No comments:

Post a Comment