Wednesday 5 February 2014

14. Time to sort a few things out

It's been a few weeks now since I last wrote anything on here not since moving the truck to Bedford so I think an up-date is well over due, First of all I have a confession to make, I embarked on this journey with all the best intentions in the word with  regards to getting fit losing some weight etc but those that know me are more than aware that I have had my hands full with some serious personal and family issues over the last couple of months, I wont go into details but life has been nothing short of hell recently but! things are now on the up so time to get stuck back in.

This weekend, Saturday in fact my son Steve, is going to meet me in Bedford we are then going over to the truck to take stock of what we have and what we still need, I think a phone call to the ever helpful Turbo will be in order tomorrow.

I then have to sort out a few things like a fire suit and joining the various racer clubs and then enter the car for the RWYB on the 29th March where, with  bit of luck I will fulfil my greatest dream of traversing the Santa Pod  quarter mile.

I have been trying to sort out a medical problem that could/might stop me from obtaining a licence in which case I will continue with the RWYB's but if that remains the case then I will seriously consider putting my son or my brother in the car for competition, we will wait and see on that one, the diet and the impending gym work may sort a few things out for me.

Which ever way this goes here's hoping for a great drag racing season and a safe one for all teams involved... "Lets get ready to rumble".

No comments:

Post a Comment