Sunday 29 September 2013

5. My Christmas list is getting longer and longer

This week is going to be a big week for me I am seeing the nurse at the local doctors for a once over and to get my Blood Pressure checked, like most guys of a certain age I do suffer from Hyper tension which I will say is well controlled and if I get the OK then the keep fit and lose weight regime starts.

I have been in touch with the  "Wild-Bunch" via their Chairman "Crazy" Chris Hartnell, these guys run a class of drag racing machinery for nostalgia looking cars and altered's which I have been advised is a good place to start my racing career.


I may now have a car and a transporter but I still need a race suit and helmet and fire proof boots and gloves, yes Motorsport is dangerous these things are not cheap nor should they be seeing that my life will depend on them so I have put them on my Christmas wish list,



This list of mine is growing at an alarming rate, the fire suit is now on the list along with tools, generator, jacks, axle stands LOL but the funny thing is I have been given a guys name who deals with made to measure fire suits for DS Race-wear by both Ian Turburville and the secretary of the Wild-Bunch who I am told is a former owner of the car that I now own when it was called "RamraiderII" wonder if I will get a discount????? I think he had something to do with he building of the car as well I will find out later when I contact him.



RamRaider II



As it is at the moment

As you can see there has been a few detail changes over the years, now the other thing I am looking into is a name for the car, It was once called Ramraider Ian ran it as Young Blood as his daughter drove it , my brother thinks we should call her "Heaven's Toy" Heaven being my surname of course, but I'm not sure about that my wife came up with an idea for a name that so far everyone...apart from my brother likes and I have yet to have any negative comments about and that is.........

"Tight Fit"

No comments:

Post a Comment