Thursday 26 September 2013

4. Reality check

One of the things I decided to do once I had made the decision to go racing was to get fit, we all need an incentive to do things from time to time and mine is simple I have to be able to get in and out of the car without getting stuck, and I will admit that after stopping smoking  a few years ago I have let myself go a bit, so instead of walking the dogs today I jogged a bit, I say a bit as I didn't manage to get all the way round our usual route in fact I didn't even manage to get to the bottom of our road, I am now sitting at this PC with an aching back and knee support on and an ice pack on my ankle, so not only am I not fit and overweight but my body is falling apart as well, good job I have a few months to sort this out before the 2014 season starts...god this going to be painful, but worth it as my wife keeps telling me.

The whole idea of buying Young Blood was to have a bit of fun and do something that I have dreamed of doing for many many years and I still can't believe it. What an incredible sport this is where someone of my age can go racing and could end up lining up against not just a youngster of 18 but a female, there are not many sports in the world where women can compete on level terms with the men  and such an age range too...bloody brilliant, I can't wait.

I have spent the last day trying to source a few bits and bobs I will need and I have sent mails off to the Wild Bunch. I have also noticed that I am now officially famous as my name has appeared in the hollowed news page of EURODRAGSTER.COM...thanks Tog.

So I have learned to date that....

1. I am old wish I was 35 instead of 55
2, I am unfit and overweight
3. It is going to hurt if not kill me to get fit and trim but going to do it
4. You never have enough money or time.
5. Best I start doing the lottery again and find a time machine
6. Everyone in this sport seems to be helpful and friendly.

Of course the longer term plan is...... in a couple of years time to hand over the driving of the dragster to my step daughter Emily who is only 16 at the moment and still at 6 form college and well? you never know!

In the meantime there is still loads to do and sort out, Turbo is being an absolute diamond and is getting the truck MOT'd for me so will be able to pick everything up in the not too distant future he also serviced the car for me.............

1 comment:

  1. Swim
    Great all round exercise
    Water supports you so, hard to injure yourself

    ReplyDelete