Monday 23 September 2013

1. Here we go then

Before I start this blog I need to put this warning up, No material of any sort may be copied or used from this blog  without the permission of the owner, ie ME Also I sometimes don't always tell the truth and maybe I sometimes make the odd story up or change it to make it read better so don't take anything as Gospel

OK so the year of madness starts well maybe more than a year, for 43 years my brother and I have attended drag racing meeting after drag racing meeting standing in glorious sunshine, rain, snow and hail, just over a week ago I decided that maybe it might just be time to have a go at this sport, there is no way on gods green earth I could ever afforded one the top class cars and of course I would never be able to steal enough money to run one either so I had a look on the www.eurodragster.com website where they have a classified section where I found the car that I have now bought.

A few e-mails to BloodLines Racing Team Manager Ian Turburville, and yes that is his name, and I was standing at the Pod on the National finals weekend looking over the car, the car is actually driven by his daughter Laura who is still under 20 years old and is now going to Uni hence the sale.




So after sitting in the car and listening to Ian about how to service it and what it costs to run I had a good idea in my head about running a competitive car in the Super Pro class. next problems where.....where do I keep it? how do I transport it to race meetings? the answer was staring me in the face,,,Ian's 7.5 ton truck which has been converted to a race car transporter /workshop/camper van now Ian was honest enough to inform me that he has never cleaned it and yes it needs tidying up a bit but , it's legal and everything works and it solves many problems...



..so a deal has been done for both the car and transporter, I have my brother helping out and one son at the moment I will get hold of the other boys later on. I still have a few bits and bobs to get and then roll on next year lets go racing....

Here is a video of the car with Laura at the controls for the very last time this was on Sunday 22nd September


I will update his blog as often as anything happens that warrants an update which will probably be very frequently..!!



1 comment: