Tuesday 24 September 2013

2. Start of a new era in my life

I woke up this morning got dressed had a cuppa grabbed the dogs leads and went out for a walk, half way round the park I stopped and the biggest smile you have ever seen spread across my face and I just screamed out.."done it" which shocked the hell out of the dogs and my old dog walking friend Jackie, so I had to explain to her what it was all about.

It is also very emotional for me as it was my father who first took me to Santa Pod in about September or October in 1969 or 1970, my memory is not what it used to be. He was so passionate about the sport and he loved it, unfortunately he passed away at the young age of 56 in 1986 he was a real petrol head and I know he would have loved to have had a go up the strip so this adventure is as much for my father Tony as it is for me. And I know the first time I hit the strip he will be there watching over me.

This racing season is just about over which is good as it gives me some time to sort out a few things like a race fire suit a few tools, jacks etc etc. but one thing I can do is find a name for the car as I really can't call it "Young Blood" with me driving it LOL that would be wishful thinking. so all suggestions gratefully received.

Oh and I found this link on Facebook this morning, can't get enough of watching this car.......




My thanks to Andy Boyce for uploading this, now its time to get my nose to he grindstone and try to start making some money so I can afford to actually race this car, I also have to thank Ian again for all the information on the car and the setup that he sent me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment