Monday 27 March 2017

97. Nearly Done...!!

First off apologies for the seemingly out of sink dates, I have moved this page as I wanted to insert another page before this one so ignore the date on the top of the page this took place on Thursday 23rd March 2017.

I can't believe how much hard work has been required to swap from our truck to our new trailer, what I thought would take one good day has turned out to be three hard days work and only just about finished now. So yesterday morning was an early rise day for me I had a bit to do before I left for Bedford. In fact it was still dark when I got up, while making my second cuppa of the morning I looked out of the window and saw the most amazing sunrise I just had to grab my camera and try and capture that moment before it was gone for good.


Sometimes you just get lucky anyway that was the best of the day as from there on in it just got worse and worse, after sorting out a few bits and bobs I walked the dog in the rain along with which came a biting cold wind, not a good day to sort out rubbish in the middle of nowhere.

I left home around 10:30 to head for Bedford of course I completely forgot abut the temporary traffic lights and road works on the way to the M25 which held me up for a while then the good old Dartford Stopping, which is what they call the crossing these days, halfway round the M25 heading for the M1 my "Empty Gas" warning came on in the car, I had only done 137 miles after filling her up with 202 litres of LPG..hmmm that wasn't good I thought that I may have a leak? or that the pump I had used to fill-up from was faulty? I had two options continue on with petrol or stop of again at Toddington services for LPG, Toddington services being one of the few places that still have LPG pumps and where I last topped up but on the other carriageway. 

I pulled in to the services only to find a barrier up round the LPG pumps with men working on it I asked what was up and they told me they were installing new LPG pumps, ok so I wont be able to fill up there then. So off I went and low and behold the LPG gauge settled down and the alarms went off???????? phew!!!!

Dave turned up at the truck just after myself so we set to work, we needed to finish getting anything we wanted to keep out of the truck and put into the trailer then bag the rest of it up, and take the rubbish away, sounds simple doesn't it?


We have no cupboards in the trailer...yet and no underfloor storage and no side outside side storage so packing the trailer wasn't easy also bearing in mind that it was just about full before we started and the generator had to be accessible. After a few hours we had done the hard bit all rubbish in bags in the back of my motor, everything we wanted to keep was in the trailer...somehow!.


That's the cleanest that truck has been since the day I picker her up three years ago and yes I did hoover her out as well. Next problem was.... we had to start her up make sure she was running Ok and make sure the brakes hadn't seized on, she had been standing for a few months. The problem we had was that while we were at the POD at the weekend someone had parked their class 1 camper between our truck and the trailer (our space) so to charge the batteries up we need the generator running and bloody long extension lead to reach the truck, which we didn't have of course so off I went to the shops to buy one.


It didn't take long and she fired up, I moved her back and forth to check the brakes were not seized and while she was out we opened up the awning to check that was OK as well and then I put her back in her parking space for the last time as the next time she moves she will be on her way to her new home. 

UPDATE: 25th March

This Saturday Dave and myself made our way back to the truck where we finished cleaning her out and then we pulled the generator out of the trailer started her up and put the trucks batteries on charge for a couple of hours, The new owners turned up I went through a couple of things with them and then lead them to the nearest petrol station.


That was it she was on her way, she had been good to us so I hope the new owners have as much fun in her as we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment