Friday 17 March 2017

95. The changeover continues

Just a very quick slight diversion here, now yesterday ..Thursday, I went back to Bedford to the truck to do some more work for a trip to the truck, it was bad enough that once again it took bloody ages to get past Dartford Tunnel, the new automatic payment was supposed to ease congestion if anything it is now worse than ever, but two accidents on the M1 didn't help either, nor did the dickhead in a  white van who cut me up on the slip road onto the M1 and the guy who pulled out right in form of me on the A419, on the way home I got caught up in a race between a BMW and a Merc absolutely stupid, is it me or has driving standards plummeted, I used to enjoy driving but not anymore.

Back to the car, I obviously arrived a little late but due to the aforementioned traffic problems, my brother Dave was waiting for me at the gates as you can only obtain entry now through the coded key fob which I have. We started work removing the compressor from the truck and re-locating it to the trailer, I put up some cleats so we could fix things in place , we sorted through a lot of mess. The big problem is and always will be space not matter how much you have it's never enough and of course the trailer is smaller than the truck so we have to e more careful with what we take we will get there..


Still got a bit of a mess in the truck to sort through before we throw all the crap out, which in itself is another problem where the hell do we put it all?? I still can't believe how much junk we were carrying around with us



As you can see it's a big job that has to be completed before next weekend when the truck is picked up and taken away, I did manage to find a Hitch Lock which is good will help with the security, of course the larger than normal size of the two hitch will stop most people from driving off with it. And I did fit the number plate so the trailer is now all legal and ready to go.....



So we got a fair bit done, today I am going to see about replacing the reverse light bulbs on the car and one of the number plate lights and maybe give it another clean, then tomorrow back tot he truck to finish f the stuff in the trailer and hopefully a lot of the junk in the truck, then Santa Pod on Sunday..fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment