Tuesday 26 August 2014

36. Santa Pod or Shaky

It looks like I have a quandary to sort out, I sat down the other week with my son to try and see when we could fit another day in to do some testing on the track. After much discussion it was decided that 14th September would have to do as it was the only day that we could all get together at the same time. So the crew were informed that we would be attending a RWYB at the Pod on that date...but!!! I get a message from a friend and fellow racer Jim Tanner that he was going to be attending a meeting at Shakespeare County raceway that same weekend...


Ok so that got me thinking can I get all the crew together for a weekend race meeting hmmmm. well it was not just the crew this time as both my brothers were coming and my three sons and my wife so a lot of phoning and it is all sorted now I hope, if the meeting at Shaky is what I think it is then we are all going but Phill and Dan will be going back in the evening the rest of us will be staying but! if  we have to then we can all still go to the Pod on the 14th..well that's the plan anyway.

Will be good to get a two day meeting in as it will give us time to sort out the tune up with the new injector stacks on and the new spring kit in the magneto with the hope that all this will give us our first 8 second run, I wont be too upset if it doesn't happen this time but I really want it,,dam do I want it.

We will see in a few weeks time and as they say.." what will be will be" or was that Doris Day...anyhow we will have fun trying and fingers crossed we don't damage anything.

Of course a lot depends on whether my son and crew chief Steve gets a car sorted by then and if his back is better as he has hurt it, dam I wish I could insure against such things happening LOL..roll on September...Bring it on !!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment