Sunday 6 July 2014

31. Dragstalgia here we come!!!

So after all the setbacks it looks like we are now on track again, Steve and John have sorted out the problems with the gearbox and the car is now ready to race..


The only problem now is with the old truck bless her, the tail lift has stopped working which is a big problem,


the power steering pump is not working and not long after we got her we found a crack running all the way round the exhaust manifold which we tried to weld up but it is in a fiddly place and the welds have cracked again, there are teeth missing on the flywheel which means starting the dam thing is really hit or miss,mostly miss, and the box leaks like a sieve so everything was getting damp when it rained, and the cab leaked, we also found the whole rear end electrics are dodgy the lights keep going on and off all the time sooo I decided that we can wait for a new kitchen and bathroom and bought a newer truck





Say hello to Boris a converted extended ex council mobile library, converted at a cost of 30K a few years ago by well known drag racer Tim Adam, it is long enough maybe not as wide but I am hoping he will be so much more reliable, and no tail lift, so with a bit of luck I shall be sorting Boris out over the next couple of days ready for Friday when we will be heading for Dragstalgia, making sure the ramps are tracked for our slingshot etc.....Oh and my race/fire suit has arrived at last..


I so hate pictures of myself god I look old..anyway I have also sorted out some stickers for the cars,vinyl for the car name, numbers etc,


The orange will be gold when they are ready which I hope will be in time for next weekend. along with some polo shirts I can't afford proper team shirts but what I found on the net were some polo shirts that are in the team colours so we might look a little professional on the start line...


So now join with me in a prayer to the weather gods and BRING IT ON!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment