Thursday 26 June 2014

30. Best laid plans and all that!!!

Some times things just don't pan out the way you want them to, no matter how hard you try.We, when I say we I mean the team were hoping to have the gearbox back today ready for refitting, Steve and Dave had taken time off work and I had charged the batteries up and driven 200 miles to take them over to Dave's place so the dragster could be started up and the gearbox checked before putting it away ready for Dragstalgia. Then just when you think you have everything in hand...."Chaos Reigns" and it all falls apart.

First of all the gearbox it has taken John longer than expected to replace all the parts and set up correctly, he has worked hard to get it all done on time but! even with all his hard work..and we do appreciate it John.. time beat him, not to worry we still have a week and a half to try and sort something out, much rather this than rush a job and get it wrong, then......

While on the way to Luton with the batteries I get a txt from Steve to tell me that my other son Phil has been involved in a car accident.....




This is what happened to Phil's car at a roundabout when some d**k-head ran a red light, thankfully in the greater scheme of things Phil is ok nothing broken he will suffer from some bruises and aches and pains and probably nasty whip-lash as well. But what this prat doesn't know is ..he has ruined Phil's car, his pride and joy a car that over the last few months he has lavished much money and time on and none of this will he ever get back, on top of this it's his transport to and from work and even more importantly it's his transport to go visit and pick up his kids  every other weekend, this numpty has ruined more than just a four wheeled machine.

I'm not finished yet!!! oh no...as I pulled up at Dave's place..my brother.. he was under the bonnet of his Astra estate, his battery had gone flat, he knew that the alternator wasn't that old but the battery was, so she went and bought a new battery and as I got there smoke was billowing from under the car as the alternator slowly fried itself into oblivion. So even if the gearbox had been ready we would have still had a problem to deal with.

What with the damage to my bike, this week has so far been a bit of an anticlimax but I always try and remain optimistic, ..my son is still alive and kicking, my bike still works and the damage is fixable, Dave's car is now fixed and ready to rumble and the Gearbox will be fixed and ready in the near future so all in all I suppose things could have been a lot worse???

No comments:

Post a Comment