Wednesday 11 June 2014

28. Oh boy! more money 11-06-2014

This is more of an update really,as I have mentioned previously the gearbox in the car.."powerglide", stopped working properly we only had 1st gear even though 2nd was selected, the gearbox was removed after much effort from my super crew and sent down to Mr. John O'Sullivan for a strip down and inspection.

Well, I have been told that what has happened has never been seen before apparently the casing holding the planetary gears has exploded and the aluminium pressure plate has disintegrated, there is no friction material left on the 2nd gear clutch plates and the clutch bands are damaged, sooo not only do I need a rebuild kit but I need replacement parts as well.

I have been told that it looks like the gearbox hasn't been touched for years and it has probably been slipping in 2nd gear for a while, which is good news for when we get it fixed as it means she should run even faster, I was also told that there are far too many standard parts in the gear box as opposed to uprated racing parts ie, springs etc, this will also be addressed so even though this is going to cost me an arm and leg I am saving another leg thanks to Andy Frost and John.

We should get the gearbox back in time for it to be fitted and checked just before Dragstalgia so the good news is we will still be there and with a bit of luck running faster than ever..only with a lot less money in the bank account...nothing new there then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment