Sunday 27 July 2014

33. Back to the grind

Well Dragstalgia is now a distant memory, a good one but distant, so what next? well first we all took a well earned rest we had all worked very hard to make it to Dragstalgia, the next thing was, I looked at all the data from the runs and the video clips and I noticed that the car is not launching as hard as it used to, Crew Chief Steve reckon sit is because we have a couple of tight valves which also explained the smoke through the breather on the last run...I hope So with a bit of tweaking we are still hopeful that we can run the big "8" at the next RWYB on the 9th August..fingers crossed.

So what else? well first I would like t thanks Julina Hunt for this brilliant photo he took of me and the car going through the lights with the laundry out, makes me look like a real drag racer.


While we were putting the car away after Dragstalgia we managed to rip off one of the brackets that held the wheelie bar up out of the way while manoeuvring the car so I took the truck and dragster to Luton to where my brother works to get the bracket welded back on,




While we were at it we welded up a side bracket and fixed the rear door latch, I have also received a new piece of lexan of the right grade to replace the windscreen which I broke while getting out of the car, also got a new remove before flight pennant for the chute,


I did notice however that there was a puddle of oil under the truck when I drive off so must have a look at it that before it gets too bad.

Also this week so the début of Blood Lines new car built by Ian Turberville..."Beach Bomb" as reported on Eurodragster.com


and very nice it is too, I wouldn't mind that engine myself, will have to make do with out Small block for now, and I say for now as we do have plans for the season after next...watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment