Tuesday 19 November 2013

10. Now it's Boris causing problems!!!

I don't know it looks like the big man upstairs just does,'t want me to go racing, got a message today from Turbo to say he has had a letter from the nice Nazi's at Transport For London to inform him of the penalty's etc for driving a vehicle within the Low emission zone of London, which is everywhere inside the M25 in a vehicle that does not conform to the required standards. So DVLC or whatever they call themselves these days haven't updated their systems yet so I made a few phone calls to find out what the hell all this is about and as far as I can see it's just another stealth tax another way of getting money out of people that can ill-afford it.


I have choices...I can  convert my vehicle to run on gas which means converting the engine to spark ignition...yeah right!!!

I can replace the vehicle..again yeah right!!
I can use one of their registered suppliers and fitters and get a new particulate filter fitted to the vehicle...

Again I made a few phone calls I was directed to the list of registered suppliers and fitters there are 12.....3 are not in this Country 3 are right up north and the first one I tried that wasn't too far away has stopped doing them...this is going to be fun!. I managed to get hold of a company in Milton Keynes who informed that supply and fit would cost anywhere between £3500 and £4000 we are talking about £150 worth of materials here and two hours to fit...god lets just rip everyone off again...

So none of the above so I am now trying to find somewhere else to park it up that is not inside the M25 bloody rip off zone grrrr!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment