Tuesday 29 October 2013

8. And so it starts

Ok so the time is getting near to when I have to go and pick the car up..just over a week now so I have to admit in getting a little bit excited I have got to work it so my son Steve and my brother can come with me, Steve wants to pick Ian's brain over how the engine is set up and how etc. So first thing on the agenda for tomorrow is getting the truck insured.

Santa Pod has published its race dates for next year so only waiting for Shakey to release theirs then it will be a case of going over them and see which events I can do or not do, then I suppose I will have to part with some more money to join the SPRC (Santa Pod Racers Club) and Shakespeare County s equivalent, then and I am probably going to join the Wild Bunch too.

Then it will be time to sort out my licence that means a medical and buy a fire suit...fingers crossed that will be it then we can go racing.

In the meant time my aborted attempt at getting fit and losing weight starts again on Monday, i have found my gym membership card and my ankle and back seem to be a lot better now, so with a bit of luck and a following wind we can get everything back on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment