Tuesday 10 April 2018

108. A surprising update!

I really didn't expect this, so after the complete and utter disappointment of Easter comes a ray of sunshine. Santa Pod have re-arranged some meetings due tot he ongoing problems caused by the weather which has allowed some of us to run on the 15th April...my birthday, free if we didn't get on the track at Easter.

I had to phone number 1 Son and crew chief first and see if he could clear it with his family, which he could then ring crew member and Brother and then ask my wonderful wife if she fancies coming along, they all say Yes!!!!

There are three things we want to achieve on this "All Torque" day 

1. Get the car down the track nice and easy check everything is working as it should.

2. Perform at least two launches ( full run if possible) one with Trans brake  one with Hand brake launch and see what the difference is?

3. Bring car home in one piece.

If we manage to achieve all three then I will g  home a happy 60 year old (did I just say that out loud?)

I also noticed that on the Santa Pod web site under the photo entry list the photo of my car is amazing, both wheels up, so I tracked down the photographer David Beitler and asked for permission to use them, not only did he agree he mailed me the high res versions, so thank you very much David.



Love the bottom photo I don't have many photo's if any of the car with both wheels up like that and  you can see all the fuel running out underneath out of the breather before we put the catch can on.

Right back on my head for today will update this blog after the weekend in the meantime I will be praying to the weather Gods.....again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment