Monday 11 July 2016

86. Nearly Time.......!!!

Only a couple of more days and we will be taking the truck and race car to the Pod for what I hope will be the best meeting of my life, this meeting is very important to me for more than one reason....So who is excited then? my son and crew chief Steve has phoned me a couple of times over the last few days just to tell me how many days are left till the event I can't wait. At the beginning of the year we had a plan...and of course like all good plans it all went Pete Tong, we have worked like crazy to try and get back on track (excuse the pun), has it all worked and been worth it? we will find out at Dragstalgia 2016. You never know I may even get to try my new chute out!!! I do hope I get to see some of the action this time as there are will be some interesting and exciting cars this year..the Americans over again and of course our own Bob Hawkins in the Slingshot Shootout.


This very nearly didn't happen this year, as most of you know we have had nothing but problems with the car but thanks to a very successful Retro Show a couple of weeks back we think we might be on the right track now, as I have already said in a previous blog we found a lot wrong with the car and fixed a lot but we left the show knowing that there was still some work to do but we all had a wee smile on our faces. But!! those who were at the Retro Show will also know that I was hobbling around like an old man ( I mean a real old man) I thought I had pulled a muscle in my back but it turned out to be a lot worse than that I had slipped a disk I have spent the last couple of weeks resting, doing stretching exercises and having a tens machine constantly attached to my back 

I had to miss Scotties celebration last Friday even though I had polished up the old noisy Harley  and had her  fuelled up ready to go...


Riding wasn't the problem even with my back support on, it was stopping, every time I put my feet down I was in agony I just couldn't do it, so if you read this Gina I am sorry I did try. Two days ago I was telling Lorni that I would have to withdraw from the meeting as I couldn't see any way I could get in and out of the car, the pain was so bad but!  thankfully since then all the hard work is paying off  things are easing now and the pain has all but gone, which I am so glad about, as this year I have both my brothers crewing for me Dave and Andy, Lorni will be with us Saturday and Sunday, Steve of course and both my other sons might make an appearance on Sunday, and I have a couple of other friends who are coming to watch me make a fool of myself, so I would have let a lot of people down if I had withdrawn.

Now to the car, over the last three and bit years that I have owned her she has changed her appearance a wee bit on a couple of occasions......





The latest upgrade will probably be the last, as if we do get her running properly we will be getting close to our chassis tag or at least pushed her as much as the current chassis will handle what happens when we reach that point?? well who knows!

For the time being we are happy with what we have and we are all looking forward to this instalment of  Dragstalgia it should be a real blast with 45 cars in the Wild Bunch alone, I hope everyone has a great time and has a fast safe meeting and lets put on a great show, see you all at the track in a few days time....!

No comments:

Post a Comment