Sunday 26 April 2015

61. We keep plodding on...!

Well here we go again one step forward three back...this defiantly seems to be the story of my life at the moment, after all the hard work over the last few weeks we have yet another problem, it looks like we have had an electrical spike go through the ignition system somewhere in the past the person who wired up the MSD box left the in-line fuses out which would have saved all the damage...still they are in the right place now the new MSD box is functioning properly but we still have no spark the reason for this is the magnetic breakerless ignition module is also toast.....



The problem is the latest batch of these from Mallory were faulty so they have been re-called I can only get them from the States so this puts us back by another two or three weeks.....oh well.

In the mean time other jobs are getting down the gear linkage has been extended so we now have all the gears new gauges have been wired up, Steve has been working very very hard to complete all other tasks ready for firing up the car when the new part arrives.



The car is beginning to look like a race car again thank god.......



As I type this Steve is making the new screen for the car after which with a bit of luck the wheels will go back on and the car will be complete again.

An update to today's blog I spoke to the hard working Steve tonight and just about everything is done now apart from firing her up and he sent me a few piccies of the car before he packed up for the night and I have to admit she is looking good.






All back together in one piece something I was beginning to wonder would ever happen god my son has worked hard, and now I have to thank Sam Freeman as he is going to lend me a distributor so we can get the car fired up and set so we can packer her off back to Bedford ready for her first....since rebuild...trip up the track.

No comments:

Post a Comment