Monday 30 March 2015

56. Got a phone call at 8 am this morning........

I have spent the weekend trying not to think about the engine and possible damage..re: "The packaging has sustained some damage". I rode to my local Harley dealers to re-new my HOG chapter membership I even thought about polishing the bikes...but no!  I wasn't allowed to forget as my number 1 son ans crew chief Steve, kept sending me txts and phoning me to remind me about Monday.....Bas****!!!

So at just after 7 am this morning I got another txt from Steve...this time the message was short and simple.."Today is the day we get  your engine" so that's it any thought of lying in bed was gone and I was really thinking about getting up 45 minutes later when I got a phone call from him.."your engine is here" I honestly think he is more excited than me, anyway there is no damage to the engine thank god. Steve took the crate apart to check.......




Steve even had time to check that the inlet manifold fitted, we still have a lot to do before we fire her up for the first time but a least we have all the major components now just a few odds and sods to get like spark plugs and a coupler that fits.

To take his mind of the impending delivery of the engine over the weekend Steve got the polish out and set to work on the headers, after the new Fuel/Air flow sensor was fitted.




Now that's better..just the wheels to do then..and some wiring and painting and fitting....LOL I am still looking at the Spring Madness Open track day at Shaky on the 18-19th April this might be a bit ambitious but you have to have goals and targets in life....fingers crossed.

I would also like to say well done to the Brown boys who have been through a major strip down and rebuild and have got their car back out already.......

Photo courtesy of Mark Skinner

,,,car is looking good guys, can't wait to see her run myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment