Thursday 29 May 2014

26. Replacement...29/05/2014

It looks like we might be lucky with the weather on Saturday so the RWYB will go ahead so,today I hooked up all the batteries to their chargers, they have two days to get to their respective correct levels, Mr Yates tells me my fire suit has finally arrived from the States so I have now got to figure a way of collecting it from him and returning the loan suit I have been wearing.

The other problem I have had is with my Helmet the one I bought first fits fine but has a ridge on the back which for some strange reason just gets in the way..I am a tight fit in the car. Sooo I bit the bullet and bought another one, from the same place this one sis a Snell 2010 as opposed to my other one which is a Snell 2005, which means it is certified for a longer period and it doesn't have a ridge on the back but it did cost a bit more so I am praying this solves the problem....



Fingers crossed we will soon find out...a lot of work has been done on t he car so the plan for Saturday is to get the car out  get it on its jacks and start it up and check oil levels, and go through the gears and check the wheel bearings if everything is ok and levels are fine and no leaks we will go for a run,, but it will only be a burn-out, launch into second and then back off..around 330 foot mark, then back to the pits and check everything again, you can never be too careful in this sport.

If all is OK then the backlash will done again on the valves and the timing sorted, we have taken the play out of the throttle cable and sorted the valve clearances properly, we will adjust the throttle peddle so my foot stops slipping off, then the engine oil will be changed, with the semi synthetic Red Line oil we are changing it every three runs.

Then we will be after it and when I say after it I mean an 8 second run not a 9 I will not be happy till we have an 8 on the board and I have a sneaky feeling we might just do it!!! I must remember my anti fog spray for my glasses this time as being able to see is certainly an advantage...don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment